Psykedeliaa tietokirjoissa: arvosteluja ja esittelyjä

Alue, jolle kuuluu keskustelu lähinnä luonnontieteistä, tutkimuksista ja tieteellisistä löydöistä.
Kalastaja

Re: Psykedeliaa tietokirjoissa: arvosteluja ja esittelyjä

Post by Kalastaja » Tue 14 Oct 2008, 22:33

Vähän myöhässä ostosvinkit, mut menköön...

Mielen ja rakkauden kasvit ei ole mielestäni sijoittamisen arvoinen, mutta jos setelit polttaa taskuja why not. Mielummin säästäisin Christian Rätschin Encyclopediaan (about 100 euroo).

Kaupunkishamaanille vaihtoehdoksi Michael Harnerin Shamaanin tie, jota voi silloin tällöin nähdä alennusmyynneissä 5-10 eurolla. Tiedä sitten kumpi on parempi. Kumpaakaan en ole itse perehtynyt täysipainotteisesti.


Valmis lista näytti hyvältä. Plants of the Gods on melkeinpä kuvakirja, mutta erittäin hieno sellainen, joten sen voi asettaa esille kavereiden ihmetelteväksi sen jälkeen, kun sen on jokusessa tunnissa lukenut läpi.

User avatar
Aukikco
Moderator
Posts: 1502
Joined: Wed 29 Aug 2007, 01:42

Re: Psykedeliaa tietokirjoissa: arvosteluja ja esittelyjä

Post by Aukikco » Tue 14 Oct 2008, 23:18

Dale Pendellin Pharmako-kirjatrilogiaa kannattaa vilkuilla, ainakin puhujana oli erittäin vaikuttava Baselissa.

User avatar
CharlieBigPpotato
Kameleontti
Posts: 688
Joined: Mon 20 Feb 2006, 11:53
Location: Current Short Duration Personal Saviors: Dr. Tom, FMAN, DToX, Crowley, Nietcshe, Artaud

Re: Psykedeliaa tietokirjoissa: arvosteluja ja esittelyjä

Post by CharlieBigPpotato » Wed 04 Feb 2009, 13:00

Aukikco wrote:Dale Pendellin Pharmako-kirjatrilogiaa kannattaa vilkuilla, ainakin puhujana oli erittäin vaikuttava Baselissa.
Ai olit siellä viime vuonna?
Yes, YOU can rape your own mind. Fake it till you make it! YOU can finally relax in the safety of your own delusions. Just pray to "Bob", bend over, heil BULLSHIT 3x times, and inject often!
http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/classic/classic.html

User avatar
CharlieBigPpotato
Kameleontti
Posts: 688
Joined: Mon 20 Feb 2006, 11:53
Location: Current Short Duration Personal Saviors: Dr. Tom, FMAN, DToX, Crowley, Nietcshe, Artaud

Re: Psykedeliaa tietokirjoissa: arvosteluja ja esittelyjä

Post by CharlieBigPpotato » Wed 04 Feb 2009, 17:16

Oma suosikkini psykedeelitietokirjoista on Lester Grinspoonin Psychedelic drugs reconsidered. Tieteellistä ajattelua loistavimmillaan.
Probably the most unbiased book on psychedelic drugs I’ve ever seen. In fact,the book is so scientific and objective in its presentation, I honestly don’t know how Grinspoon and Bakalar really view these drugs (at least soley from this book). Perhaps some people may see this apparent “fence riding” as a bad thing,but I surely do not. This is not a Terrence McKenna (no disrespect) rambling about “time wave zero” - it’s a book written by legitimate scientific researchers who have actually worked with LSD and other psychedelic chemicals. And in the science game, total objectivity is the highest virtue (Those fucktards over at NIDA could learn a thing or two…or ten. YES,I’M TALKING TO YOU MR. GEORGE “CAN YOU SAY CONFLICT OF INTEREST” RICAURTE.)

Like the other reviewer basically stated and I implied,Psychedelic Drugs Reconsidered is not exactly a “pleasure read". Most of the information isn’t extremely technical and shouldn’t be to hard to understand by someone with a basic education,but you will not hear the authors opinons on…well,just about anything. This simply isn’t that kind of book.

So basically,those looking for a true scientific/objective study on the subject- you’ve found your book. Those looking for the spiritual meaning behind DMT “machine elves” or the meaning of “it all"- McKenna (again no disrespect) is on the shelf to your right,and the Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test usually be found in general non-fiction.

…should be required reading for any scientist (all four of them…I’ll buy ‘em all a personal copy) studying these chemicals…highly recommended reference.

http://www.erowid.org/library/review/review.php?p=20
Myös saman kirjailijan kirjoja Speed culture ja Cocaine suosittelen.
Grinspoon originally endeavored to write Marijuana Reconsidered in order to build a case against marijuana, but as his research progressed, he realized the complexities of the plant and was moved to advocate for legalization.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lester_Grinspoon
http://www.erowid.org/culture/character ... ster.shtml
Yes, YOU can rape your own mind. Fake it till you make it! YOU can finally relax in the safety of your own delusions. Just pray to "Bob", bend over, heil BULLSHIT 3x times, and inject often!
http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/classic/classic.html

User avatar
CharlieBigPpotato
Kameleontti
Posts: 688
Joined: Mon 20 Feb 2006, 11:53
Location: Current Short Duration Personal Saviors: Dr. Tom, FMAN, DToX, Crowley, Nietcshe, Artaud

Re: Psykedeliaa tietokirjoissa: arvosteluja ja esittelyjä

Post by CharlieBigPpotato » Wed 04 Feb 2009, 17:32

P.S

Voin lainata kirjojani pk-seudulla asuville, ilmoitelkaa jos haluatte lainata.
Löytyy about aiheesta kuin aiheesta kirjoja.
Yes, YOU can rape your own mind. Fake it till you make it! YOU can finally relax in the safety of your own delusions. Just pray to "Bob", bend over, heil BULLSHIT 3x times, and inject often!
http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/classic/classic.html

Kalastaja

Re: Psykedeliaa tietokirjoissa: arvosteluja ja esittelyjä

Post by Kalastaja » Wed 04 Feb 2009, 23:48

CharlieBigPpotato wrote:P.S

Voin lainata kirjojani pk-seudulla asuville, ilmoitelkaa jos haluatte lainata.
Löytyy about aiheesta kuin aiheesta kirjoja.
Pitää kyl kehua Charlien asennetta ja kokoelmaa tässä. Kirjoja löytyy todellakin vähän kaikesta ja vähän liikaakin mielenkiintosista aiheista :mrgreen:
Aika vaaravyöhykkeelle joutuu kun näkee kaiken sen kiinnostavan kerralla. Liikaa informaatiota.

User avatar
Aukikco
Moderator
Posts: 1502
Joined: Wed 29 Aug 2007, 01:42

Re: Psykedeliaa tietokirjoissa: arvosteluja ja esittelyjä

Post by Aukikco » Thu 05 Feb 2009, 14:22

CharlieBigPpotato wrote:Ai olit siellä viime vuonna?
Je

User avatar
CharlieBigPpotato3
Lepakko
Posts: 242
Joined: Mon 23 Mar 2009, 22:18

Re: Psykedeliaa tietokirjoissa: arvosteluja ja esittelyjä

Post by CharlieBigPpotato3 » Fri 21 Aug 2009, 22:25

CharlieBigPpotato wrote:Oma suosikkini psykedeelitietokirjoista on Lester Grinspoonin Psychedelic drugs reconsidered. Tieteellistä ajattelua loistavimmillaan.
Probably the most unbiased book on psychedelic drugs I’ve ever seen. In fact,the book is so scientific and objective in its presentation, I honestly don’t know how Grinspoon and Bakalar really view these drugs (at least soley from this book). Perhaps some people may see this apparent “fence riding” as a bad thing,but I surely do not. This is not a Terrence McKenna (no disrespect) rambling about “time wave zero” - it’s a book written by legitimate scientific researchers who have actually worked with LSD and other psychedelic chemicals. And in the science game, total objectivity is the highest virtue (Those fucktards over at NIDA could learn a thing or two…or ten. YES,I’M TALKING TO YOU MR. GEORGE “CAN YOU SAY CONFLICT OF INTEREST” RICAURTE.)

Like the other reviewer basically stated and I implied,Psychedelic Drugs Reconsidered is not exactly a “pleasure read". Most of the information isn’t extremely technical and shouldn’t be to hard to understand by someone with a basic education,but you will not hear the authors opinons on…well,just about anything. This simply isn’t that kind of book.

So basically,those looking for a true scientific/objective study on the subject- you’ve found your book. Those looking for the spiritual meaning behind DMT “machine elves” or the meaning of “it all"- McKenna (again no disrespect) is on the shelf to your right,and the Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test usually be found in general non-fiction.

…should be required reading for any scientist (all four of them…I’ll buy ‘em all a personal copy) studying these chemicals…highly recommended reference.

http://www.erowid.org/library/review/review.php?p=20
Nyt pdf:nä:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/14197958/Psyc ... considered
The formal language is a nazi! To break through language in order to touch life. Myself resuscitates to the disillusionment of birth. I like buddha, I like sexy ass. Haunter unseen, take thy life back to the core!

User avatar
CharlieBigPpotato3
Lepakko
Posts: 242
Joined: Mon 23 Mar 2009, 22:18

Re: Psykedeliaa tietokirjoissa: arvosteluja ja esittelyjä

Post by CharlieBigPpotato3 » Fri 21 Aug 2009, 22:28

Grinspoon originally endeavored to write Marijuana Reconsidered in order to build a case against marijuana, but as his research progressed, he realized the complexities of the plant and was moved to advocate for legalization. He has testified before Congress, and as an expert witness in various legal proceedings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lester_Grinspoon
The formal language is a nazi! To break through language in order to touch life. Myself resuscitates to the disillusionment of birth. I like buddha, I like sexy ass. Haunter unseen, take thy life back to the core!

User avatar
PsykeAnonyymi
Psykonautti
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri 28 Sep 2012, 06:45

Re: Psykedeliaa tietokirjoissa: arvosteluja ja esittelyjä

Post by PsykeAnonyymi » Thu 10 Dec 2015, 07:51

Laittakaapi lisää. :)
*** Anonyymi Huumeblogi: http://psykeanonyymi.wordpress.com/ ***
*** Anonyymejä Huumevlogivideoita yms: http://vimeo.com/psykeanonyymi ***
Elämällä on tarkoitus, se olet sinä.

User avatar
Aukikco
Moderator
Posts: 1502
Joined: Wed 29 Aug 2007, 01:42

Re: Psykedeliaa tietokirjoissa: arvosteluja ja esittelyjä

Post by Aukikco » Sun 13 Dec 2015, 22:48

PsykeAnonyymi wrote:Laittakaapi lisää. :)
Minkälaista kirjallisuutta kaipaisit?